The Night Alexa Lost Her Voice but Spoke Louder Than Ever
Absence can be great marketing tactic, as the "Got Milk?" campaign has shown for three decades. And Amazon used that playbook masterfully on the 2018 Super Bowl with its "Alexa Loses Her Voice" campaign by Lucky Generals. Beginning with a clever easter egg—Alexa coughing in the days leading up to the game if you asked who was going to win—the campaign earned raves for its in-game spot where Alexa was replaced by four celebs—each of whom, hilariously, can't match up to the real thing. Hear more from our panel of experts in the video above.
- Jai Rodriguez, Actor and Television Personality
- Tyler Cameron, Television Personality and Model
- David Lubars, Chairman/Chief Creative Officer, BBDO
- Matt Wallaert, Behavioral Science Expert
- Yamaneika Saunders, Comedian and Writer
- Tim Nudd, Editor in Chief, Clio Awards and Muse by Clio
Check out more Super Bowl Classics below.