How Reebok's Terry Tate Smashed His Way Into Super Bowl History
We've all seen plenty of slapstick humor in Super Bowl commercials, but nothing can top the jaw-dropping, bone-rattling punishment dished out by Terry Tate, Office Linebacker, in Reebok's hilarious 2003 commercial. In our latest deep dive into legendary Super Bowl spots, our group of experts dig into the comic masterpiece—explaining why it worked, and why we could all use a Terry Tate in our office.
- Eric Francisco, Entertainment Journalist, Inverse
- Tim Nudd, Editor in Chief, Clio Awards and Muse by Clio
- Tyler Cameron, Television Personality and Model
- Rob Reilly, Global Chief Officer, WPP
- Yamaneika Saunders, Comedian and Writer
- Michele Tafoya, NFL Sideline Reporter
Check out more Super Bowl Classics below.
Reebok "Terry Tate: Office Linebacker"
Agency: Arnell Group
Director: Rawson Marshall Thurber
Creative Director: Peter Arnell
Executive Producer: Miriam Franklin
Production Company: Hypnotic
Director of Photography: Eric Haase
Editor: Jason Painter
Editorial Company: Swietlik
Music: Larry Pecorella
Music: David Hutten
Music: Justin Hori
Music: Comma Music
Audio Mixer: Loren Silber
Audio Mixer: POP Sound