How P&G Battled Racism Through a Trilogy of Powerful Ads
In the season 1 finale of our Tagline podcast, we look at Procter & Gamble's powerful trilogy of spots about racial bias: "The Talk" from 2017, "The Look" from 2019, and "The Choice" from 2020. We dig into the craft of each piece and explore P&G's evolving approach to fighting racism, from the early days of the Trump presidency to the murder of George Floyd and beyond.
Listen to episode 9 of Tagline above, or subscribe to the show wherever you get your podcasts. And below, check out the three P&G spots themselves.
Listen on Apple Podcasts Listen on Spotify
Every day, millions of Americans get in their vehicles and go. Fueling drives commutes, commerce and connection; and that's when we have the undivided attention of 1 in 3 adults every month. GSTV's national video network owns a unique moment for innovative storytelling, when consumers are engaged, receptive, taking action today and influenced for tomorrow and beyond. Fuel your next campaign with us.
Episode 9 guests
• Marc Pritchard, chief brand officer, Procter & Gamble
• Nedal Ahmed, senior copywriter, Wieden + Kennedy Amsterdam
• Bryan Barnes, creative director, Johannes Leonardo
• Malik Vitthal, director, The Corner Shop,
• Greg Hahn, co-founder and chief creative officer, Mischief USA
• Geoff Edwards, executive creative director, GALE Partners
• Keith Cartwright, president and chief creative officer, Cartwright
• Justine Armour, chief creative officer, Grey New York
• John Patroulis, global chief creative officer, Grey Group