A New Book Collects the First Chapters of Unfinished Novels by Susan Credle and 19 Other Copywriters
You may remember that back in November we wrote about the First Chapter Project, an attempt by Miami Ad School and Grey Canada to collect first chapters of unfinished novels by advertising copywriters everywhere—and publish them as a stand-alone book.
Well, that book was indeed compiled and is now available for pre-order.
It's called Chapter 1, and it includes submissions from FCB's global CCO, Susan Credle, as well as other top writers, like Paul Nagy of VMLY&R Sydney and Tom Christmann of DiMassimo Goldstein.
A printed copy of the book is available for $20, while PDF is available for $10.
We haven't gotten our hands on a copy yet, but the First Chapter Project has been teasing some excerpts on Instagram:
We also got this line from Tom Christmann's The Book of Mongo: "He drove a 1974 Cadillac Hearse. He'd airbrushed a wizard on the hood. And a graveyard scene on the side panels. Other than that, he was like any dad…"
Below is a full list of writers featured in the book:
• Susan Fowler Credle, Global Chief Creative Officer, FCB
• Paul Nagy, Chief Creative Officer, VMLY&R Sydney
• Tom Christmann, Partner & Chief Creative Officer, DiMassimo Goldstein New York
• Ralph Michael Stieber, Founder & Creative Director, STORY Berlin
• Dan Hofstadter, Freelance Creative Director & Writer, Long Beach
• Suzanne Darmory, President & Co-founder, hi, our name is, New York
• John Carstens, Executive Creative Director, Team DDB, Chicago
• Ian David, Creative Director, Fearless, Alabama
• Nic Penrake, Senior Freelance Copywriter, London
• Dany Rothemund, Senior Copywriter, 360i New York
• Peter Lagosky, Copywriter, McCann Calgary
• Kyle Douglas Harrison, Junior Copywriter, McCann New York
• Jacob Pacey, Copywriter, BBDO Toronto
• Cassi Kaplan & Josh Schendel, Freelance Copywriters, Toronto
• Victor Saburido, Copywriter, R/GA São Paulo
• Josh Bentley-Swan, Owner, Bentley Swan Copywriting Services, Berlin
• Michael Webber, Copywriter, We Are Unlimited, Chicago
• Olga Alonso, Junior Copywriter, Saatchi & Saatchi Sydney
• Madhushani Ramaraju, Junior Copywriter, Cossette Vancouver
All proceeds from the book sales will go toward a Miami Ad School scholarship fund "to help other wannabe novelists become successful copywriters."
Client: Miami Ad School Toronto
Agency: Grey Canada
CCO: Helen Pak
ECD: James Ansley, Joel Arbez
Design Director: Genevieve Beharry
ACD: Ryan Lawrence
Copywriter: Rena Green
Art Director: Eric Carriere
Account Executive: Kate Beaman
Senior Development Lead: Pablo Mellognio
Dean, Miami Ad School Toronto: Stephen Jurisic
Founder, Miami Ad School Toronto: Aman Gulati