Google and the NBA Stage a Glitzy Celebrity Pick-Up Game

Pixel 7 campaign is timed to league's tip-off

Okay, there's plenty to see in Google's NBA tip-off film, as streetball morphs into a celebrity-studded pick-up spectacular touting the Pixel 7 camera.

The Robot Company and DAPS/Anonymous Content crafted the campaign, tagged "Okay, I See You," anchored by the 3:30 anthem below. The action takes place far from the high-tech Pixel Arena of April's NBA-Google team-up. Instead, we're treated to a neighborhood game that gets out of hand—in the best possible way.

The glitzy intersection of hoops and pop culture is a given. In fact, it's taken to impressive new heights, with a plethora of familiar faces getting into the act.

Google Pixel 7 x NBA - The Greatest Pick Up Game of All Time

The roster includes NBA/WNBA stars Giannis Antetokounmpo, Candace Parker, Joel Embiid, Kelsey Plum, LaMelo Ball, Jason Taytum and Jalen Green; comedian Druski; commentators Taylor Rooks and Richard Jefferson; Paralympian Matt Scott; superfans Nav Bhatia and Jimmy Goldstein; Hollywood actor Simu Liu; and influencer Jamad Fiin.

"Based on the insight that only 1 percent of basketball fans get to attend an NBA game, the film shows how Pixel enhances fandom for the other 99 percent—by bringing fans together and making it a shared experience," Google says in a statement.

This :30 edit is a highlight, with hot-dogs Antetokounmpo and Liu taking using Pixel's magic-eraser function to axe unsightly glizzy consumption from their selfies:

Glizzy's slang for frankfurter, Boomer. Get with the times!

Next, Druski pumps up the bullhorn at max volume to hype Pixel's live language translation:

Druski and Fiin will support "Okay, I See You" across their social feeds, as will media personalities Malika Andrews, Chris Brickley and Richard Jefferson.

The full film will live on the "Made by Google" YouTube channel with various edits running across TV and digital as the season unfolds. In addition, Big-G and the NBA will launch inclusivity and community initiatives nationwide, continue to support HBCUs, and create splashy activations around All-Star Weekend and the Playoffs.


In other NBA tip-off news, Rakuten engaged the ubiquitous Steph Curry (who doesn't need cash back on anything!) for a shimmy-crazed spot during last night's Warriors vs. Lakers contest:

Chris Paul tries race walking with some help from State Farm's Jake:

And Kia's Telluride X-Pro drives down a fantastical street of family hoop dreams:

Advertise With Us

Featured Clio Award Winner

Museletter

SUBSCRIBE

The best in creativity delivered to your inbox every morning.

ADVERTISING