Clio Cannabis Announces Its Juries for 2023 Awards
Clio Cannabis announced its 2023 Juries today, with three leaders in the space serving as chairs—a first for the awards program.
Angela Pih, head of marketing at Statehouse Holdings, will chair the Marketing & Advertising Jury; Mary Pryor, founder of Sheba Baby!, leads the Film & Advocacy Jury; and Kary Radestock, CEO of Hippo Premium Packaging, chairs Design & Innovation.
"As marketers in the cannabis space continue to reach new heights with their creative pursuits, we remain committed to recognizing their efforts—important work that is impacting the business, fueling social change, and amplifying brands and quality products across the globe," says Michael Kauffman, executive director, Clio Music & Clio Cannabis.
This year's Juries feature a lineup of executives crafting a creative path forward.
Design & Innovation:
- Chair: Kary Radestock, CEO at Hippo Premium Packaging
- Leigh Chandler, partner and creative director at Vault 49
- Tiffany Chin, CEO at Death Row Cannabis
- Maggie Connors, VP of marketing at Garden Society
- Jessica Veronica Couch, strategy consultant at Luxor and Finch
- Dank Duchess, author, hashish consultant, public speaker at Dank Duchess, LLC
- Rick Fitzgerald, chief creative officer at Lazy Turtle Group
- Suzan "Semii" Gebreyonas, brand manager at The Parent Company
- David Hernandez, director of brand development at Happy Munkey
- Marcus Johnson-Smith, co-owner / founder at Kush Groove / Clearwater Branding
- Lilli (Talasrinne) Keinaenen, sustainable cannabis branding and packaging designer at Changemaker Creative
- Michael Marra, co-founder, principle creative at Budder Creative
- Kim Myles, co-founder at MylesMoore Studios
- Rebecca Nelson, founder and executive creative director at Budhive LLC
- Priyanka Pulijal, head of creative at Miss Grass
- Camille Roistacher, founder at Wyllow
- Scott Wilson, founder and CEO/CCO at Minimal
- Jake Wall, chief innovation officer at Maison Bloom
"The creative work coming from the cannabis industry today rivals any other vertical market, which wasn't the case just a few years ago," says Radestock. "It's an honor and privilege for me to lead an esteemed group of jurors to determine the most exceptional work, and ultimately award a coveted Clio or two."
Film & Advocacy:
- Chair: Mary Pryor, founder at Sheba Baby!
- Malek Asfeer, creative director at AJNA BioSciences
- JM Balbuena, author, The Successful Cannapreneur at Synergy Studios
- Garrett Bradley, filmmaker at Vending Machine
- Brittany Brown, executive producer, head of content and production at Sister Merci
- Chris Day, CEO at Gateway Proven Strategies
- Lloyd DSouza, SVP, global head of branded entertainment at Condé Nast Entertainment
- Ashaki "Saki" Fenderson, co-founder at Tainted Love BK/TLBK LLC
- Kassia Graham, director, community & strategy at Cannaclusive
- Maha Haq, founder at Cannaclub
- Haquika "Kika" Howze, CMO & co-founder at Gorilla RX
- Cat Ouellette, CMO at Electra Leaf
- Jerome Palencia, studio head at Northbound Films
- Ronit Pinto, founder and publisher at Honeysuckle Media
- Peachie Wimbush-Polk, luxury experience designer at Jus' Peachie Co.
- Kirkland Summers, creative director at Puffco
- Anthony Wolch, partner, CCO at The Beyond Marketing Group
"Being a juror for the Awards is not just an honor, it's an opportunity to be part of a community of creatives who shape the future of our industry," says Pryor. "It's a chance to celebrate the best and brightest ideas, and to contribute to the ongoing evolution of advertising and marketing."
Marketing & Advertising:
- Chair: Angela Pih, head of marketing at Statehouse Holdings
- Olivia Alexander, CEO at Kush Queen
- Alexa Alianiello, U.S. sales & partnerships at Twitter
- Luke Anderson, co-founder at Cann
- Marco Bezerra, executive creative director at VMLY&R COMMERCE
- Tony Billmeyer, CMO at Show Me Organics
- Solonje Burnett, co-founder at Humble Bloom + erven
- Imani Dawson, principal at TCC Media
- Nick Fotis, CMO at 710 Labs
- Christian Hertel, VP of marketing at AROYA / Addium Inc. / METER Group
- Ru Johnson, founder at Roux Black Consulting
- Amy Larson, SVP, marketing and communications at TILT Holdings
- Susie Plascencia, brand partner at Humo
- Mary Ann Rounseville, chief storyteller, brand and communications, at Charlotte's Web
- Travis Rexroad, head of corporate and integrated marketing communications at Weedmaps
- Lulu Tsui, co-founder at On The Revel, president of Cannabis Media Council
- Elizabeth Udell, social media and content consultant at Friends of Friends
- Michael (Micha) Wilde, executive creative director at Jung von Matt
"Having spent two decades in the global agency world, I truly appreciate the magnitude of what it means to be recognized by the Clio Awards," says Pih. "It is a career highlight for creative innovators and marketers. I am excited to collaborate with an esteemed panel of judges to celebrate the best of the best in 2023."