Great marketing is about creating moments that matter to your customers. Moments that increase engagement, spark a conversation, and build a lasting relationship. Moments that reach them personally, whoever they are, wherever they go. Salesforce gives creators the tools to understand who their customers really are. Get started now.
It's been a joyous bright spot in a pretty dark year—the viral TikTok video in which Idaho dad Nathan Apodaca skateboards to work while singing Fleetwood Mac's "Dreams" and drinking Ocean Spray cranberry juice. In this week's episode of On Brand, we chat with TikTok's Nick Tran and Sandie Hawkins and Ocean Spray's Chris Ferzli all about the irresistible piece of content and how they worked to amplify it once they saw it going viral. We chat about why Ocean Spray waited a few days before engaging, what kinds of PR and content they generated from it, and some lessons from the TikTok side for brands eager to stand out authentically on the platform.
• 2:00 - How Ocean Spray initially reacted to the video.
• 4:10 - When TikTok noticed it, and how they began plans to amplify it.
• 6:30 - How Nathan's video fit the platform's new "It starts on TikTok" theme perfectly, and a look at the commercial they made from it.
• 8:45 - Why Ocean Spray waited a bit to engage in the conversation, and the various PR and content pieces that came out of it.
• 11:30 - Lessons for brands from Nathan's video.
• 14:50 - What the engagement numbers look like for Ocean Spray.
• 16:20 - How brands can be authentic generally on TikTok.
Every Thursday at 4 p.m., Clio president Nicole Purcell and I chat with top brand marketers—most of whom are still working from home—about the value of creativity, what they want from their agency and solution partners, how they're shepherding their brands through Covid and beyond, and more. See all the On Brand episodes here.
If you're a brand marketer who'd like to take part in the series, please get in touch.