Great marketing is about creating moments that matter to your customers. Moments that increase engagement, spark a conversation, and build a lasting relationship. Moments that reach them personally, whoever they are, wherever they go. Salesforce gives creators the tools to understand who their customers really are. Get started now.
In this week’s episode of ON BRAND, we speak with Tom Klein, CMO of Mailchimp. From its days advertising on the podcast Serial, the email marketing company has always had a charming and quirky advertising persona, which it's supplemented in recent years with rich long-form storytelling through its lauded "Mailchimp Presents" platform. We speak with Tom about all those initiatives, as well as how WFH is going—and what's next for the brand as we move through the Covid crisis.
• 1:20 - Tom tells us how WFH life has been going.
• 2:09 - how Mailchimp has had to pivot during Covid-19.
• 3:25 - A look at Mailchimp's content marketing, including its new "Essentials" short films about essential workers.
• 8:50 - More about the brand's "Mailchimp Presents" content platform.
• 11:00 - Why Mailchimp loves podcasts—creating them, and advertising on them.
• 15:08 - How Mailchimp works with outside creators.
• 16:28 - A look back at the "Did You Mean Mailchimp" campaign from Droga5.
• 20:39 - How data drives Mailchimp's marketing.
• 22:55 - A look back at Tom's unconventional career arc.
• 25:08 - What the next 6-12 months might look like for Mailchimp.
New episodes of On Brand roll out every Thursday at 4 p.m. ET. Each week, Clio president Nicole Purcell and I chat with top brand marketers—most of whom are still working from home—about the value and effectiveness of creativity, what they want from their agency and solution partners, how they're shepherding their brands through Covid and beyond, and more.
If you're a brand marketer who'd like to take part in the series, please get in touch.