Great marketing is about creating moments that matter to your customers. Moments that increase engagement, spark a conversation, and build a lasting relationship. Moments that reach them personally, whoever they are, wherever they go. Salesforce gives creators the tools to understand who their customers really are. Get started now.
The Academy Awards feel like a hundred years ago. It was on that night, Feb. 9, that Cadillac launched its splashy new “Make Your Way” campaign, starring Regina King and directed by Spike Lee. In this new episode of On Brand, we speak with Cadillac CMO Melissa Grady about everything that went into that eye-catching work, and then everything that came after—how Covid completely changed the auto-buying landscape, and how Melissa, her team and her brand have been adjusting. We also discuss the upcoming Lyriq launch, we get Melissa’s advice for other CMOs, and we get a glimpse into what the next year looks like for the Cadillac brand.
• 1:38 - How WFH is going for Melissa and her team.
• 4:57 - How Covid has affected car sales, and how Cadillac has responded.
• 10:52 - A look back at the brand's "Make Your Way" Oscars campaign.
• 14:39 - Cadillac's new brand manifesto.
• 16:03 - A look at the teaser for the Lyriq, the first all-electric vehicle from Cadillac.
• 19:45 - Inside Melissa's data-driven marketing approach.
• 22:20 - Balancing brand marketing and performance marketing.
• 23:27 - Melissa's advice for other CMOs.
• 24:35 - What the next 6-12 months look like for Cadillac.
Every Thursday at 4 p.m., Clio president Nicole Purcell and I chat with top brand marketers—most of whom are still working from home—about the value of creativity, what they want from their agency and solution partners, how they're shepherding their brands through Covid and beyond, and more. See all the On Brand episodes here.
If you're a brand marketer who'd like to take part in the series, please get in touch.