Inside Johnnie Walker and Robert Carlyle's Brand Film for the Ages
This week on Tagline, we time-travel to 2009 to revisit BBH London’s five-minute brand-history film for Johnnie Walker, with Robert Carlyle in a virtuosic performance, shot in a single take. It’s a story of great writing, camerawork and theatrical visual storytelling—as well as soaking rain, insects, and last-minute problems with legal.
Listen to episode 7 of Tagline above, or subscribe to the show wherever you get your podcasts. And below, check out the full Johnnie Walker spot.
Listen on Apple Podcasts Listen on Spotify
Every day, millions of Americans get in their vehicles and go. Fueling drives commutes, commerce and connection; and that's when we have the undivided attention of 1 in 3 adults every month. GSTV's national video network owns a unique moment for innovative storytelling, when consumers are engaged, receptive, taking action today and influenced for tomorrow and beyond. Fuel your next campaign with us.
Episode 7 guests
• Justin Moore, executive creative director, FCB West
• Ruben Mercadal, associate director of film production, Droga5 New York
• Jamie Rafn, director, Smuggler
• Kate Owen, editor/partner, The Den Editorial
• George Richmond, cinematographer
• Jamie Masters, composer/sound designer, Adelphoi Music